Rockstar apologizes for Red Dead Redemption 2’s rocky PC launch with free stuff
When Red Dead Redemption 2 launched on Nov. 5 for Windows PC, there were some … problems.
Most of the problems appear to have since been fixed, but it took a while. Rockstar Games apologized to PC players on Nov. 13 and promised fixes. Those fixes have since rolled out — and players are seeing fewer problems.
After a series of updates to the game, the Rockstar Games Launcher and the latest NVIDIA drivers, we believe the vast majority of performance issues for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC have now been resolved,” a Rockstar representative wrote on the company’s Newswire. “That said, we will continue to work to tackle any lingering issues as we move forward.
It also outlined what’s being handed out to players in the care package for Red Dead Online players. Along with a Prieto Poncho, which is available for free at the Camp Wardrobe or in clothing stores, players will get a whole bunch of other items:
- 100x Revolver Express Ammo
- 100x Pistol Express Ammo
- 100x Repeater Express Ammo
- 100x Rifle Express Ammo
- 100x Shotgun Slugs
- 20x Shotgun Incendiary Buckshot Slugs
- 20x Fire Arrows
- 20x Poison Throwing Knives
- 20x Volatile Fire Bottles
- 10x Potent Miracle Tonic – fully restores Health, Stamina and Dead Eye and Fortifies moderately
- 3x Horse Reviver – revives Horse from severe injury and moderately restores its Health
- 10x Minty Big Game – fully restores all Cores and yields a Gold Health Core
- 20x Baked Beans – moderately restores Health Core and Stamina Core
People that have Red Dead Online characters should have received the items already and can pick it up at the Camp Lock Box or any Post Office.